samedi 14 octobre 2017

Comforted by music she wrote to comfort others

BY WALTER TUNIS
Contributing Music Critic

OCTOBER 13, 2017

For decades, music was the vehicle Olivia Newton-John used to conquer the world. It allowed her to scale the pop charts, adorn movie screens and sell out arenas around the world. But in recent years, the multi-Grammy-winning vocalist searched for something different and deeper within the songs she sang. So, she enlisted a pair of established pals and sought a way to use music as a means of healing.

But to understand healing, you first had to understand loss. To that end, Newton-John was fully prepared.

“I lost my sister four years ago to a brain tumor,” she said. “It was very sudden and very shocking. Music has always been a way of healing. It was there for me when I went through breast cancer, which was another emotional time, and it was there when I wrote a song for my sister with my friend Amy Sky. I got such a strong response from friends and family. They asked if I had any more songs like that. That sparked an idea. ‘Why don’t we do an album, an uplifting album, but one dealing with those feelings we don’t always talk about.”

READ MORE AT http://www.kentucky.com/entertainment/music-news-reviews/article178662526.html



.

INSOLITE


L'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé !!


"Name of red And white wine found in Ontario liquor stores": Colin McMurray

Aucun commentaire: